All applications for employment are completed electronically through the City of Orangeburg Career Portal website. Click on View Current Openings to start your application.
After the electronic application is completed, an email notification will be sent with the status of the application along with further instructions that may include items listed below.
- The Orangeburg Public Safety Recruiter will notify the applicant on the available dates to the National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory (NCJOSI) and the Physical Agility Test (PAT).
- Upon successful completion of this process the applicant will proceed onto the Background Investigation
- Oral Review Board
- Chief’s Interview
- Medical Exam (Drug/Alcohol Screening)
- All applicants selected for hire shall be subject to the successful completion of a six (6) month probationary period.
The new recruit will be required to participate and successfully meet the requirements and standards for each training program.
- Orientation (2 weeks)
- Orangeburg Public Safety law enforcement pre-academy (4 weeks)
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy’s Basic Law Enforcement School (8 weeks)
- Law enforcement field training (6 weeks)
- South Carolina Fire Academy NFPA fire training (8 weeks)
- Firefighter field training (8 weeks)