Special Events

A Special Event means any activity on private or public property requiring prior invitation, paid admission, or tickets, and any event including, but not limited to, festivals, block parties, races, musical events or concerts, exhibitions, fairs, carnivals, or other announces public gathering upon any public street, right-of-way, or property of the city.

Any person, group, or organization wishing to hold a Special Event within the city must submit a Special Event Permit Application. Applications are due 45 days before the date of the special event. The application process begins when fully executed applications are received by the City of Orangeburg Special Event Coordinator. Only complete applications will be considered.

Completion and submittal of applications do not guarantee approval.

 Forms and Documents

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a business license for my event?

If the event holder holds a City of Orangeburg business license, individual vendors do not need to obtain their own business licenses. If the event holder does not have a City of Orangeburg business license for the event, vendors are required to go through the Finance Department to purchase a license.


How far in advance do I need to complete and submit these forms to the City of Orangeburg?

Special Event Application and all documentation is due 45 days before the event date.


Do non-profits need to complete these forms?

Yes. Non-profits are still required to complete all forms. 501c3 paperwork will be required to verify non-profit status.


We are going to have food trucks. Do all food trucks need licenses?

Yes. Both food trucks and food vendors are required to have a business license. Review pages 6 and 7 of the Special Event Policy and Guidelines for requirements.


If we serve alcohol, are any additional documents needed?

Applicants must complete the SC Department of Revenue’s Beer and Wine Permit for beer and wine sales and/or Special Event Alcoholic Liquors for liquor sales. An approved license will be required for all special event applications.


What is the Hospitality Tax, and is it required for my event?

Hospitality Tax is a 2% tax on prepared meals and beverages, including alcoholic beverages, beer, and wine sold in the City of Orangeburg. All food vendors are required to submit this payment within 30 days of the event. Failure to do so will result in the vendor being accessed a 5% penalty fee per month the tax is delinquent.

Contact Info

Special Events Coordinator
(803) 809-0982