The NCJOSI combines a comprehensive cognitive ability measure with a measure of integrity. Research suggests that this is the most predictive combination of measures.
- Cognitive Ability Measure – 80 items
- Non-cognitive (Integrity) Measure – 120 items
The course measures a total of 870 feet (290 yards/ 265.2 meters). The course consists of a series of nine interspersed individual tasks, arranged in a continuous format that are viewed as being essential (physical) job-tasks for law enforcement training:
- jumping (low hurdle);
- climbing stairs;
- low crawling;
- jumping (broad-type);
- climbing a fence (chain-link/four feet);
- climbing through a window;
- moving/dragging a weight (150 pounds);
- changing direction on the run.