The City of Orangeburg has various roles within its public safety department. Here are some of the key positions and their general responsibilities:
- Performs general police duties to protect life and property by enforcing laws and ordinances.
- Responsibilities include police patrol, incident investigation, traffic regulation, and related public safety activities.
- Engages in telecommunications work, responsible for monitoring City services, radios, and answering incoming telephone calls.
- Dispatches emergency personnel, vehicles, and equipment based on the location and nature of the call.
- Serves as a lifeline to officers in the field.
- Performs general duties within the fire department to protect life and property in the department's fire service district.
- Responsibilities include driving and operating various fire apparatus, fire suppression, fire cause determination, fire-ground traffic regulation, fire prevention, and public fire education activities.
These roles are crucial in ensuring public safety and responding to various emergency situations in the City of Orangeburg.