We appreciate your interest in doing business with the City of Orangeburg “City”. We hope this guide will benefit you as a vendor. We aim to promote a climate for good business relationships. This guide will outline our procurement and invoicing guidelines.
As a local government, the City is a subdivision of the State of South Carolina and is entitled to State Contract Purchasing and may use State Contract in lieu of bidding.
All vendors of the City are required to follow all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws in the completion of work.
Business License Requirements
Vendors completing work within the city limits of the City of Orangeburg are required to obtain a business license. A City business license can be obtained by contacting the City of Orangeburg.
- Phone - (803) 539-3750
- Website - City of Orangeburg Business License
Prior to becoming an approved vendor, prospective vendors must be prequalified by the City. To be prequalified, a new vendor must complete a prequalification form. The form may be obtained from the purchasing agent. Return completed forms by mail, in-person or email below.
All vendors must supply the following:
- IRS form W-9
- E-verify Affidavit
- Vendor Information Form
Vendors performing any service on the City’s premises shall procure and maintain at all times the following insurance with minimum limits equal to the amount indicated below. The City reserves the right to approve the insurance as acceptable and adequate. Should any of the policies be cancelled before the expiration date, a written notice must be delivered to the City.
- General Liability Insurance: Minimum requirement: $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Insurance: Minimum requirement: $500,000 each.
- Contractor Affidavit
- A Purchase Order properly numbered and signed by a Department Director or the City Administrator is required for all purchases over $3,000.
- City Administrator, Sidney Evering
- Directors: Chief Charles Austin, Roger Brant, John Singh, Theresa Williams, Michelle Corbett, Shawn Taylor
- Purchases not authorized by a Purchase Order, such as purchases via Internet, mail, telephone, email or walk-in must contain the purchaser’s full name upon invoicing.
- All items must be shipped FOB Orangeburg, SC, unless otherwise instructed in writing on the Purchase Order.
- All quotes provided to the City must contain freight charges, or freight charges will not be paid.
- All shipping labels and bill of lading must contain a valid purchase order number when authorized by a purchase order.
- All shipping labels and bill of lading not authorized by a purchase order must contain the purchaser’s first and last name.
- Unless otherwise authorized by a Department Director or purchase order, all items are to be shipped to:
Invoicing and Payments
Invoices should be mailed or emailed within 15 business days after delivery of goods and or performance of services to:
City of Orangeburg
Attn: Accounts Payable
P.O. Box 387
Orangeburg, SC 29116
or emailed to: email@example.com
Vendors can normally expect payment within 30 days of billing provided that proper invoicing requirements have been followed as listed below:
- A Purchase Order properly numbered and signed by an authorized approver is required for all invoices over $3,000.
- All invoices must contain a valid purchase order number when authorized by a purchase order.
- All invoices not authorized by a purchase order must contain the purchaser’s full name, or the invoice will be returned.