- Crime/Fire Prevention
- Criminal Investigations Division »
- Patrol Division »
- Special Operations Division »
- Online Services
The Front Desk
The Records Division stores all Incident reports, traffic accident reports, fire report and provides permit services to the public. The Records Division Manager responds to public records requests for reports and data held by the department of Public safety. The Records Division also provides reports and information to businesses, other governmental agencies and the public.
- The Public Safety Records division is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Phone numbers for specific records and services are as follows:
- Main Line: 531-4654
- Incident and Accident Reports: 533-5900 / 533-5901
- FAX: 531-7460
Incident / Fire Records
Accident Report Copies
Public Record Requests
Uniform Crime Reports
How to Obtain Police Records
The Records Division provides the public copies of police reports in accordance with the South Carolina public records statutes and related laws and rules governing the dissemination of public records. To obtain a copy of a police report, please contact the Records Division. The mailing address is:
Orangeburg Department of Public Safety
Attn: Records Division
1320 Middleton Street
Orangeburg, S.C. 29115
- Charges are levied for non-routine or in-depth research as requested.
- Judicial dispositions of police reports may be obtained from the Orangeburg County Clerk of Court.
The Records Division also processes various permits and background checks, and data concerning police calls for service within the Orangeburg city limits. Positive photo identification is required for identification and permit services. Permitting services are processed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.Fingerprinting services are processed between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., Tuesday (only).
Current fees for these services are:
- Fingerprinting (walk-in Tuesday only): $5
- Background Check (city only): $10
- Taxi Driver Permit: $5
- Transfer or Replacement Taxi Permit: $5
- Solicitor Permit: $5
- Police Activity per location: $7 plus $.15 per page