During inclement weather the Park will not be open. The Park will be open on all holidays that fall during the operating season.
Vending machines containing cold drinks and snack food items are available in the Park. Outside food and drinks are not allowed in the Park.
Spray Park Rules
- Children ages 10 and under must be directly supervised by someone 16 years of age or older
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are allowed
- Glassware, or other similar materials with a tendency to shatter on impact, will not be allowed in the park
- Individuals engaging in unsafe or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the Park, and may be banned for an additional period of time
- No running or rough play allowed in the Park
- No pets inside the Park
- Proper swim attire required in the Park: thong bathing suits and transparent colored suits are not allowed
- No smoking in the Park
- Radios and CD players are not allowed in the Park
- No coolers or outside food and drinks will be allowed in the Park
Spray Pad Safety Rules
The City will have a Certified Pool Operator on staff to insure the proper operation of the Spray Pad. This individual will inspect the system a minimum of three times per week and have their name and certification number posted at the Park.
Safety rules will be posted as users enters the pad. Staff will be responsible for the adherence to these safety rules by users.
Posted rules shall include
- No running or rough play is permitted
- No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed on the spray pad
- No spitting or nose blowing allowed on the spray pad
- Persons with diarrhea or nausea will not be allowed on the spray pad
- Persons with skin, eye, ear, or respiratory infections will not be allowed on the spray pad
- Persons with open lesions or wounds will not be allowed on the spray pad
- No animals or pets will be allowed on the spray pad
- No glass will be allowed on the spray pad
- No children will be allowed on the spray pad without proper supervision
- Users must shower before entering the spray pad
- The maximum number of users allowed on the spray pad is 60
- Persons wearing diapers must wear a swim diaper. Regular disposable or cloth diapers will not be allowed
- No cut-off shorts will be allowed on the spray pad
During severe weather staff will ensure that all users have taken cover. Users will not be allowed on the spray pad during periods of lightning or other extreme weather conditions. Areas of cover include the restrooms, office building, and the picnic shelter.
- The Parks and Recreation Department will make the Spray Park available for rental by groups for birthday parties and other gatherings.
- Rentals will be after regular operating hours and last for no longer than 3 hours.
- Fees for rentals will be set by the City of Orangeburg.
- Renters will have access to the entire park, including the restrooms.
- One Spray Park employee will be on duty to administer the rental and will remain on site for the entire rental.
- Interested renters should contact the Parks and Recreation Department. The office is located on the second floor of the Parks and Recreation Department Administrative Building, 367 Green Street (803) 533-6020.