The mission of the Building Department is to promote the safety and well being of the City of Orangeburg through the enforcement of building and property maintenance codes as well as City Ordinances.
The Building Inspection Division is responsible for the review of residential and commercial building plans, approval of building permits, and inspection of construction prior to issuing certificates of occupancy. The department is also responsible for the comprehensive code enforcement program ensuring the proper maintenance of buildings and property within the city limits of Orangeburg.
- Permit Applications may be dropped off at any time.
- If you would like to meet with an inspector, please call for an appointment.
- Please allow 48 hours for action to be taken on permit applications.
City of Orangeburg Building Inspection Division
152 Market Street
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Telephone: (803) 533-6052
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
David Epting, Building Official
MCP, CBCO, ACEM
Gene Nelson, Building Inspection / Code Enforcement
Forms and Applications
- Freedom of Information Request
- Application for Building Permit
- Application for Plan Review
- Commercial Plan Submittal Requirements
- Residential Plan/Inspection Requirements
- HVAC Design Form
- DHEC Single Family Stormwater Requirements
- Requirements for Owner/Builders
- Residential Deck Construction
- Manufactured Home Information
- Application for Sign Permit
- Sign Regulations
- Fee Schedule
- Regulations for Utility Service
- ADA Checklist for Converting Existing Facilities
- SC Building Codes
- Other Useful Links